Thursday, January 24, 2008

OCEAN SPRINGS HARBOR :: Night


These magnificent white birds settle down to roost at night in the trees across from the Shearwater Bridge. They look like little bright spots of light within the blackness of the branches. I had seen them there pre-Katrina but then even in Nov. after Katrina, they weren't there. This past Nov., I was thrilled to see them there that night I drove to the bridge! I parked and walked back up on the bridge, propped the Lumix on the railing and shot. What a treat!


The Cranes are Little Lights
Computer altered photo.


Boats in OS Harbor


On the opposite side of the bridge is the Harbor and the boats were so beautiful sitting there in the quiet night. I could have stayed there all night just watching the colors, smelling the night air, and listening to the softness of the lapping water.

Photos shot with the Lumix.

2 comments:

Bev said...

They DO look like lights. In fact, I thought they were lights. I wonder how they achieve this effect. They must have very white feathers indeed to make this fluoescnet effect.

Bev said...

Debi Cates has also some beautiful pictures of cranes on her blog (through Bobbie's on the Two Things) which she took about a month ago.